Skype
Kanina

See You Around the Bend See You Around the Bend

I fell in love. Once upon a time.

SlapOnTheBitchBeat SlapOnTheBitchBeat

You are my hero.
Also shoutout to Zahary on the SAX!

Sunset Forthcoming Sunset Forthcoming

Heard this on the NG radio. Really like it.

Vigilante Vigilante

Great example of new wave! Keep at it!

Oak - Funkerbot (RD2015) Oak - Funkerbot (RD2015)

Omg the drums at 1:26. Really enjoyed the peace despite is subtlety.

TBAP: Live! TBAP: Live!

It's funny but seriously, who downloads this shit?

TheBetterAudioPortal responds:

I have no idea.

Overworld Adventure Overworld Adventure

Feels like some kind of classical techno. I really like the style!

Im4Hero responds:

I glad to know that you like the style! I'm already working on another one. ^_^

Grain Grain

Only thing i could possibly complain about is that the 'hits' can be a little rough on headphone users. Besides that, this piece is wonderful and really sets the mood it is trying to give. Great example of ambiance done well.

Eagleon responds:

Thank you :) Do you mean the rhythm in the static? I tried to make it soft, on the level of the surf - I use headphones myself. I think maybe white noise is just difficult to tame across different equipment.

Fever Dream Fever Dream

Choice of synths is interesting yet unfitting at times. And I hate the bell that is panned to left, it honestly just made things worse. (Especially when it is out of key around :24)
The synth introduced 48-1:18 is really good but suffers from the reintroduction of the synth panned to left at 1:10 and the bell at 1:18 brings the mix down more. The effect at 1:25 leads into the best part of the song imo. (1:25-1:50) Where that reintroduced synth was given a new pattern! The underlying base at 1:51 had potential but the notes chosen are undesirable. Transition at 2:18 is really good. The synth after was enjoyable but needed something else along with it. (And not that bell, i'm sorry i just hate that bell) Ending was neat but should cut off earlier. (Not a big deal)
Percussion was pretty solid for this type of song all the way through.
Keep at it man!

IndustryStandard responds:

Damn that's a lot of notes! That's a good thing though haha, This is a pretty old one of mine, from back when i first started using Reason and making synth music in general, but i feel like it has the potential to be something pretty cool. The synth bell was kind of just me playing around with different ideas, and while it doesn't bother me, per se(at least not as much as it seems to bother you) I would agree that it does seem unnecessary and it kind of clutters the song, so I'll find something to do about that. Reason is, for whatever reason, causing my computer to crash randomly when I'm running it so i won't be able to do anything any time soon, but once my shit quits breaking on me I'm gonna reopen this song and see what i can do about some of the issues you brought up. Thanks for the review!

Breeze of Memories Breeze of Memories

Solid percussion. Could use some more variety but is mixed really well. Great use of pads. The melodies need some work however. Ex. - The piano at 0:57 and the progression at 1:08 are both unappealing. That aside, it's mixed well and is enjoyable to listen to.
If I had to suggest anything: Take more time to create melodies. Don't stop when a melody sounds "good enough" - it can usually get much better. Don't be afraid to switch synths. I honestly didn't like the piano very much. But the synth at 2:16 was great!
Stick to the creativity. The intro was really cool!

5TanLey responds:

Yep. "Good enough" is a point where my creative part is over and I start to mix stuff.. Guess I should spend more time before that point.

thx for review.